“How To Lower Your Bills And Reduce The Risk Of A Dryer Fire, Saving You Time AND Money!”
Revealed! Oakville homeowner lowered his utility bill by $55 each month, simple process that all homeowners should be doing to save money and keep their home and family safe, look below to find out…
Dryer vent cleaning and proper dryer vent installation is an essential part of regular home maintenance that many of us forget until it is simply too late. Dryer vents get clogged with lint, critters and even birds’ nests which can quickly lead to increased drying times and possibly cause a dryer fire. Most homeowners are completely unaware that lint build up in dryer vents are even more dangerous than fireplace chimneys, leading to substantially more home fires than we might imagine.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Will
- Significantly lower your electric bills
- Give you more peace of mind
- Eliminate your worries of any fire hazards
- Speed up drying time
- Save you more time and money
Proper dryer vent installation and regular dryer vent cleaning should always be completed by an experienced dryer exhaust professional. Simply cleaning out the lint trap is not enough to prevent lint build up through the dryer duct, the removable lint trap only captures 30% of the lint the rest is vented through to the outside.
Dryer manufacturers recommend getting your dryer and dryer vent cleaned, Yes they warn us!
The manufacturers of our clothes dryers have been warning homeowners on the dangers of the products that they sell. While nearly every instructional manual will always alert the buyer of the importance of regular maintenance and consistent cleaning of the lint traps between each wash, few of these manuals go on to explain the absolute necessity for proper and professional dryer vent cleaning and correct dryer vent installation. Did you know: 87% of dryer hoses connecting the dryer to the wall are WRONG? Check the back of your dryer, you’ll see a big warning label saying not to use “Thin foil or Plastic hose” yet most homes use them and all the box stores have them in the dryer vent area
Dryer vent cleaning and proper dryer vent installation saves lives!
The standard lint traps in our dryers do not always catch 100% its only 30% of the debris and combustible lint that result from the tumbling of our clothes and fabric softener sheets in our machines. Some of this lint and debris will automatically make its way down through the duct of the dryer vent system that runs to the outside of the home. Homeowners automatically assume that all of this debris is eventually blown outside into the open air through the ventilation process, but this is not always the case. Some of this lint will become trapped, and accumulate within the confined spaces of the vent, becoming a fire trap of massive proportions. Last year alone, over 15,000 home fires were the result of improper or neglected dryer vent cleaning and installation. When the dryer vent becomes restricted from lint build up, the dryer cannot exhaust the lint as fast as it is produced. This then leads to lint settling inside the dryer cabinet and on and around the dryer element, if the lint ignites then poof a dryer fire can start.
Dryer vent installation has changed a great deal in recent years!
With the newer homes being built today, many of these dryer vent systems are becoming increasingly longer. Only decades ago, the dryer vents were usually only a few feet in length, close to the outside wall. Today, these dryer vent installs can run perhaps 15 to 30 feet long with lots of “twists and turns”. It is nearly impossible for all of the lint, and combustible materials to make their way through these extremely long distances. With these longer dryer vent lengths, homeowners should definitely be very aware of how essential regular dryer vent cleaning can be. Installation of new vent systems would always be completed by a reputable professional.
“ I highly recommend dryer Vent cleaner.ca to keep your dryer running more efficiently and to prevent fires from lint buildup.”
Dryer vent cleaning and correct dryer vent installation saves money!
Clogged dryer vents will essentially cause your dryer to work much, much harder. Over time, you may begin to notice that the drying time of your clothes may begin to increase drastically. You may even need to run your clothes through two or more cycles in order to get them thoroughly dry. This results in enormous utility bills that can increase by as much as 25% per month. Regularly scheduled dryer vent cleaning will also keep you from having to replace those very expensive dryer appliances more frequently. These ventilation systems should always be inspected by a reputable professional at least once per year, saving you time and money in the long term.
Tips for dryer vent installation and cleaning.
- Always remember to clean the dryer lint traps before and after each load.If the lint filter is damaged or ripped, replace it immediately.
- At least once per month, remove and clean your dryer lint traps with soap and water in order to remove any remaining residue left behind by clothes and fabric softener sheets.
- Homeowners should self-inspect the outside vent cap on a regular basis.
- Ensure you have the correct hose connecting your dryer to the wall, never should anything other than solid duct work be used inside walls or ceilings.
- Vacuum the lint that falls beneath and behind the dryer unit at least once per month.Professional dryer vent cleaning and inspections should occur at least once per year by reputable and certified technician.
- In cases where your drying machine is in need of mechanical repair, these machines should always be serviced and cleaned by factory authorized professional appliance repair specialist.
- Avoid placing any clothes or materials into your dryer machines that have absorbed any type of flammable liquids or materials. This will only increase the chances of a home fire even more drastically.
- For new homeowners who have recently relocated into a new home, always have your dryer and dryer vents immediately inspected and cleaned by a reputable professional
Call the Dryer Vent Cleaning & Installation Pros
There are a great many issues that can lead to a home fire that results from improper dryer vent installation or lack of dryer vent cleaning. Disconnects in the ventilation system is also a big problem that can only be detected by a reputable professional. For additional dryer vent cleaning and for dryer vent installation tips, advice and work, call us 905-966-0838.